Named after each of the Cape Verdean islands, the apartment buildings at Santa Mónica Beach Resort & Spa … [Read More...]
Featured Overseas Investment Property
Vista villas offer superb family living, with a private pool in a perfect setting for all generations to enjoy … [Read More...]
The Sal Rei villas represents the ultimate in affordable contemporary living. The ideal residence for a quiet … [Read More...]
Diamond Estates Worldwide is strongly recommending the Cape Verde islands to our investors as a perfect investment environment which offers exceptionally high rental yields as well as huge potential for lucrative capital growth.
Cape Verde Weather – Thanks to the islands’ idyllic year-round climate, there is no low season and, therefore, occupancy rates are extremely high. This, in turn, leads to outstanding rental yields for property investors, especially when top-quality property is bought at the right price.
So why is now the best time to Invest in Cape Verde?
- The Cape Verde Islands are a top investment hotspot of the world while it currently undergoes huge development in tourist infrastructures
- Property prices are at an all-time low and are sure to appreciate as Cape Verde begins to establish itself as a top international holiday destination
- Rapidly growing tourism
- Direct flights to Cape Verde from the UK
- Tax holiday incentives to foreign property purchasers
- Strong economic position, encouraging high returns on investment
- Stunning beaches, exotic Tropical plantations and breathtaking mountains to entice tourists
- The closest tropical islands to Europe
- Cape Verde Weather – Great climate - year-round warm, sunny weather
- Very low cost of living, offering affordable holidays
- Exchange rate value of local currency is fixed to the Euro
- Multi-party very stable democracy, supportive of foreign direct investment
- Major government investment in infrastructure
Invest in Cape Verde – A Strong and Growing Economy
Despite the global economic downturn, GDP growth for Cape Verde has held up well and is expected to rise to 7.1% annual growth by 2013, according to the IMF, who also praised the ‘prudent management and strong economic foundations’ undertaken by the Cape Verdean government. It’s never been a better time to invest in Cape Verde.
The Cape Verde Islands welcome foreign direct investment to create a sustainable, growing economy through job creation and capital investment.
The local currency is fixed to the Euro, further increasing economic stability. With property laws and a democratic system providing the same laws for locals and foreign nationals, Cape Verde offers investors an enviable opportunity to purchase top-quality property in a prime location now, while prices remain low.
Safe and affordable destination
- Socially very stable with no religious/political conflict or civil unrest ”The Cape Verde islands enjoy a stable democratic system, high transparency and low corruption” (US Ambassador to Cape Verde, Marianne Myles)
- A multi-party, stable democracy which actively encourages foreign investment
- Property is protected by national laws ensuring the same rights for foreign investors as for locals
- Environment of trust and confidence for foreign investors
- Despite the global economic downturn, GDP growth for Cape Verde has held up well
- Low living costs and property prices
- The Cape Verde weather means no low season and stable high rental yields
Huge Tourism Growth Potential Regardless of Economic Downturn
Cape Verde has remained an unexplored secret to tourists and international property investors alike, until recently. As Europe’s closest tropical island paradise, rich in colonial history, natural beauty and ecological wonders, the Cape Verde islands are rapidly attracting increasing numbers of tourists from Europe, the Americas and beyond.
Heavy investment in infrastructure improvements has placed Boa Vista at the forefront of this global appeal. Cape Verde is an early stage property investment market with all the boxes ticked for lucrative capital growth.
Exceptionally high yields
So why invest in Cape Verde? The Cape Verde weather guarantees a twelve-month holiday season and glorious climate ensure continually high occupancy rates and, therefore, exceptionally high yields for investors. Thanks to Boa Vista’s year-round holiday climate, occupancy rates are very high, as proven by other resorts recently opened on the island operating at 80-90% occupancy levels, such as the Riu Karamboa hotel, regardless of Economic Downturn.
Boa Vista’s huge appeal to a broad demographic (young, old, families, singles, etc.), its specialist tourism appeal (wildlife tourism, wind-based watersports, eco-tours, scuba diving, big game fishing, etc.) and beaches rated among the best in the world, all combine to form a very bright future for the island. The Economic downturn has little effect on investing in Cape Verde.